So.
Life has thrown me yet another lemon.
I lost my job.
No more, kaput, fired, given the pink slip, laid off.
Whatever you want to call it, it sucks.
Friday at 2:00 (ish) I was called into my bosses office along with my friend and co-worker Chris Keller. I immediately went numb as soon as he asked me to shut the door. And that was it. I completely shut down.
All the things I wanted to say just flew out the window.
I couldn't look at anything but the floor.
And that figurative wall that exists around me grew 10 times thicker in a matter of seconds.
No way was this asshole going to see me cry. No way.
Because honestly, I hated that fucking place.
I hated what I became just walking in the door every morning.
I tried desperately to hang on to that little bit of myself that could see good in the world. Most days I succeeded. But every day I could feel little chips of my soul being harvested. And I know I'm not the only one who felt that way.
So for the peers that fought in that place right along with me...I will miss you. Even if you did sometimes annoy me, mostly you made it a little bit easier to cope with the fact that I lived a cube for 45hours a week.
Chris Keller
Debbie Wolfe
Barbara Buchanan
Heather Kuhn
Rachel Shue
Joe Pelligrino
Steve Gentzler
Shirley Cohen
Bill Hayes
Greg Grim
John Lenick
Alissa Williams
Sabrina Ward
Ed MacDonald
Amy Allen
Maureen Zeplin
Donna Zaghary
Tena Moyer
Marie Martin
Jason Fowler
Sterling Lawrence
Roger Newcomer
Audrey Hoff
Amber Weaver
Rick Heilman
Nicole Ream
Richie Bowers
Deb Walls
Todd Gemmill
Smitha Mathew
Richard Gonzalez
Joe Bell
Nadine Kaltreider
I might not have known all of you well. But it sure was a pleasure working with you.
Keep your heads up, stay true to your wonderful souls and don't let 'the man' get you down.
And here's a little message to the upper management/owners that I had the misfortune to meet.
Karma is a bitch.
But, no worries. I know things will work out for me, in the end.
Because I plan on grabbing this lemon by the balls and making it my bitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment