I could go on and on about how amazing Dragon*Con was.
I can post more pictures, talk about the panels and how funny the celebrities were.
I can tell you about the weird uncomfortable moments during the Buffy the Vampire Slayer panel.
I can tell you about how incredibly nice everyone was.
I can tell you about the friends I made.
I can detail every moment of every day including the insanely, ill-timed migraine that kept me bed ridden for most of Saturday.
But what it all comes down to is this.
I was with my people.
There were gamers, nerds, trekkers and just plain ole weird people.
Each and every one of them has a story, just like me.
A story about how they didn't fit in, or still don't. A story about feeling out of place or out of step with the rest of society.
But for a few days we could all converge in one place to celebrate what makes us different.
We could be free to just be.
Without explanation.
And that is the most amazing feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment