Sunday, February 6, 2011
My rite to love being scared...
The Rite
The plan was to grab a bite, and get to the theater early. But Celena and I get to gabbing and it's hard to get us to move.
After a lot of rushing around we made it into the theater to see the movie. It was pretty good actually. Not exactly the most terrifying movie I've ever seen, but scary enough. And the story was pretty good, although somewhat predictable.
But the best part was the synchronized gasping, jumping and screaming that Celena and I shared. With Kevin in between us, I'm sure it made it even funnier for him since he got to see and hear it in stereo.
And Lorie whispering KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN almost made me pee my pants...HILARIOUS!
And then there is Bob the demon. Let me tell you about Bob.
He drove up 83 in a sedan. Creepy gray 'Spock' haircut, thick black glasses. He has the power to make people slow down behind him, since he doesn't drive over 45mph. But really, why would Bob have to rush?
Celena and I were going to use her left over Coke to attempt our own exorcism (by the power of the Cola I command you demon to depart!), but we did have other important matters to attend to.
Don't worry though. Bob the demon will most assuredly cross our paths again. And next time, we'll be ready!
The other important matters that needed attending were a drink at Tailgaters and then on to Banana Max.
I gotta say, Banana Max...not my favorite place.
AT
ALL
But the company was good and the beer cold so I made the best of it.
I also realized something this weekend.
I don't want to waste another moment. I'm not talking about an excuse for being wild and crazy. I'm talking about grabbing life by the bullhorns and enjoying the ride.
I no longer want to sit holed up in my little apartment, sulking over the bad things that have happened to me. I want to spend time with my friends. I want to see things I've never seen, read things I've never read, eat things I've never eaten, and meet people I've never had the courage to speak to before.
I don't want to just observe life, I want to live it.
I want to smile more, laugh more, sing more.
Life is way too short to go on wasting it on being troubled over the things I cannot control. And definitely too short to sit inside all of the time. It's scary but exhilarating too.
And I'm going to keep doing the things that scare me, because so far this year...it's been the best decision I've made.
Now if I can just figure out how to grab that sandwich and give it a good kiss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol at you in banana max... definitely doesn't feel like your speed :) but i hear they've changed since the time of it being my hang out. any better?
Post a Comment