Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Just some things...
Thought I'd jot down some things that have been rattling around in my brain over the last few days.
Y'all know I have had a mythical love affair with music since I was...well, since I was born I think.
I might not know all the boring details of when a certain album came out or who sang what first, but I totally dig good music! (And I'm unashamed to admit that sometimes I totally dig bad music). My actual collection probably can't compete with most, however I am poor so I have an excuse.
I know most people have moved into the new age of simply downloading music, but I'm not one of them. There is something to be said about SHARING music. I always loved buying a new cassette tape (I actually preferred vinyl but my friends didn't so I went with the flow) and listening to it with my friends. Ooo-ing and Aaa-ing over the cover or getting excited if the jacket had the lyrics printed in them. I have some cassette jackets that have actually torn from unfolding and re-folding them over and over again.
I did move on to CDs and I do have an Mp3 player that I store my music on...however I still prefer buying the CD and ripping it. Then I lend out that CD to anyone who will take it. Sharing great music is awesome!
As to the types of music I listen to, well that varies greatly. My most recent purchases might explain:
Jay Z 'The Blueprint 3'
Eminem 'Recovery'
Five for Fighting 'The Battle for Everything'
Mary Chapin Carpenter 'Stones in the Road'
Lissie 'Record Collector'
Ben Folds and Nick Hornby 'Lonely Avenue'
Sara Bareilles 'Kaleidascope Heart'
Florence and the Machine 'Lungs'
Eclectic huh?
I absolutely love them all but one of them stands out amongst the rest. Why? Because I love every single song on the disc. EVERY ONE. I don't skip through anything. And even though I love the rest of the list, there is at least one or two songs that just don't grab me. Doesn't mean they aren't good; they just don't speak to me.
But 'Lungs'?
LOVE
THEM
ALL
Here's a link to their website...you can sample a few of the songs on the music player. It will be worth your time.
Florence and the Machine
Now onto other things...
I had a long talk with the ex about some things last week. Looks like he is moving in with his girlfriend and I am moving into his (mine too if you think about it) house.
I'll be renting for about a year and then I'll buy it from him.
I'm not super happy about him moving in with his girlfriend but not for the reasons one might think. I mean, I want him to be happy. Because if he's happy, that is good for Ryan.
HOWEVER...
He's only been seeing his this girl for about 9 months.
!!
Yeah, right there with ya.
Not only is he moving in with her but he's bringing his son. I mean, we'll still do the same custody arrangements we have been doing, but still! I told him..."let her move in with you. that way if it doesn't work out, you don't have to move your son into an apartment after moving him in with your girlfriend...what's the rush?"
I can guess what the rush is.
He wants to marry her.
*shakes head*
This guy will never learn. He is unhappy where he is so he's running. That's what he did when his first marriage didn't work; what he did when he met me (gotta love that 20/20 hindsight vision) and what he did when he wasn't happy in our marriage. And when he finally realized that 'the whore' wasn't what he really wanted, he was already starting a relationship with this gal.
But...it's not my job to take care of him so I can't make him see the light.
As long as Ryan doesn't suffer, I will remain a quiet observer.
So it looks like I'm moving, in April. Who wants to help??
Please??
Ah fine...I get it. I'm not really fond of the idea either.
With all of that said, I am excited. I will be able to save a bit more money while still renting so that I'm ready when it's time to buy. But essentially it will be my home so I can paint and demolish as I see fit (within reason and budget of course).
And I might even have enough room to invite more than one person over at a time.
GAME NIGHT AT JENNIFER'S!!!
What else??
Oh, yeah. Ryan is simply blowing me away with how fast he is blasting through the Harry Potter series. He's on book 4, The Goblet of Fire and he's already on chapter 11. I gave him 14 days to read it, based on his history. But I have a feeling he'll be done before that.
He is just in love with these characters. He's always playing like he's a wizard, doing spells and such. It's so cute!!
He's got such a creative little mind and I honestly just let him do what feels right to him in that regard. I don't stifle and I don't lay down rules...just let it flow. If he finds a niche, great! If he moves on to something else than that is great too. As long as he is happy, then this mama bear is smiling.
One last thing. I GOT TWO MORE FOLLOWERS!! Wow...up to six baby! I almost feel like a celebrity. *hehehe*
To those who do follow and actually read what I type here...THANKS!
I hope I keep things interesting enough to keep YOU interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay for moving, except for that moving sucks! i don't have a truck or a brood who can carry more than a throw pillow but i'll be happy to help out :)
ps congrats on the followers!
Post a Comment