Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Did you know?

I realized very quickly at this new job that I am literally the odd man out; since I am the only girl.
It's not easy to jump into conversations about football or cars.  Mostly because I don't care about those things.  
Girly talk is also out.
So I'm actually very quiet at work.  I know that will come to a surprise to most (hell, it comes to a surprise to me), but it's true.
But every once in a while a conversation gets going that I can join.  More often than not, I will reveal something about myself that makes someone say, "I would have never thought that about you."

Now it stands to reason that my co-workers will not know me well.  I've only worked there for a bit over three months.  But it got me thinking.
How well do the other people in my life know me?

So.  Here are some things about me that I bet you didn't know...



When I was in 4th grade, I got so angry at myself for not understanding fractions, that I took the pencil and scribbled all over the page of my math book.  I pressed hard with that pencil too.  That shit was not coming out.  I took it to the teacher, Mr. Martin, the next day and told him I found it that way.  He believed me.

In 11th grade, I ran the mile in 3 laps because I lied to the gym teacher and said I had 1 lap to go after only completing two.  She believed me.

My senior year, I had a pregnancy scare.

I shaved my head the day after graduation (all but a bit on top).  I told people I did it because I thought it was cool.  I did it to piss off my boyfriend who told me once that I was repulsive with my hair pulled back.  It worked.

For a very long time I didn't drink alcohol.  I stopped because I was afraid I would turn into an alcoholic.

I have an irrational fear of being shot.

I was *this close* to participating in a threesome once.  I wish we would have just for the experience.

My friend Jen Sides taught me how to drive.

In high school, I was the computer nerd who could program my ass off.  People came to ME for help.  I did not own a computer until 2000.

My favorite thing to do when I younger, was to sit outside, drink Pepsi and eat Doritos while gazing at the stars.  I used to dream about being in space.  Okay it was more like I dreamed about being on Star Trek...but you get the picture.

Between the years of 1988 and 1991 I did not sleep on my bed.  I slept on the floor with a box fan right behind my head.  My back never felt better.

I had a crush on a girl. 

I never wanted to get married.

I'm afraid that Shane will be the only other person on this planet who knows my secrets.

I fart all the time.  You just don't know it.

I love heavy metal, but I don't buy a lot of heavy metal albums because I can't sing to them.  

My mother gave me the gift of sanitary napkins once, for Christmas. It wasn't a joke.

I was a witness to molestation, but I have never told anyone because they were adults.

Before my grandmother died, I wrote her a letter telling her how much I loved her and how thankful I was to have her in my life.  They were both the easiest and most difficult words to write.  

I love the smell of Vick's. 

I hate any and all insects that buzz.

I love the taste of pancake batter.

The sound of a dial tone drives me insane.

I sometimes think I'm medically crazy.


So what don't I know about YOU?

No comments: