Monday, June 4, 2012

A stitch in time

What?
It's been almost a month since I published a post?
What the fuck?

In my defense, I was still writing but with actual pen and paper.
Sometimes that just feels better than pounding away on a keyboard, even if it takes me longer.  There is something about feeling the paper on my skin as my hand sweeps the pen in a straight line spilling out the intimacies of my heart.
I've always been a doodler.

I doodle
I do doodle
You too.
You do doodle too!

*ahem*

Moving right along.

There has been a lot going on since May so perhaps this is a good time to fill you all in on the gory details.
Shall we...

The biggest news?
I finally found a job.  Not just one job, but two jobs.
Funny how life works out sometimes, huh?

I was offered a position in Harrisburg.  I hated the drive, but I really liked it there.  On my first day they were throwing the F-bomb around like it was confetti.  I felt like I was home.  It was awesome.

But then I was offered a position here in York not four days later.
How could I not take it?  Yes it was a bit less money.  But I would be saving money on gas and maintenance to my car, right?  I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.
So I gave notice and I'm now working here in York.  Not in a cubicle, but the same kind of work.

So far, the job isn't all bad.  I'm the only girl so that is weird.
It's REALLY quiet there so I feel a little constrained.  But perhaps that isn't a bad thing.  I have a tendency to open my big mouth without thinking sometimes, so the quiet might give me the chance to think before I speak.  Or I might burst into song just to get shit off my chest.
It's a crap shoot and I can't wait to find out what I'll throw.

Either way, it's nice to be working again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan is almost done with the third grade.  Just a few more days to go.
I can't believe how amazing he's done this year.
An eager child paired with an amazing teacher does wonders.
He's still the little perfectionist (I honestly have no idea where he gets that from) so he's very hard on himself at times.  But he has learned at such an exponential rate this year, that we are all blown away!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M GOING TO SEE FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE!
Woot.
Shit, I'm so fucking excited I almost wet myself when I think about it.
They are honestly one of my favorite bands, EVER!
Seeing them live is going to be so incredible.
Making it even more incredible is the fact that my bestest friend in the whole wide world is coming with me.
Woot.  Woot.
We've been known to have shenanigans and cause mayhem when we go out in public together (especially if we do not have a friend buffer).
Hopefully we make it out alive.
muwhahahahahaha


There are more things happening, epiphanies being had, moves being made and plans being planned, but I think that's enough for now.
I'd hate to see your brains explode from the sheer mass of it all.

So I'm signing off for now.
Until we meet in person...




No comments: