Saturday, March 26, 2011

What to do now...

The phone. I stare at it. When the screen goes dark, I click the little ball in the middle to see if I have any new messages or calls. 9.9 times out of 10, there is nothing new. I placed a lot of weight on one little phone call, and that was really stupid. But that is sort of the way I work. I've never been one to 'play the field' so to speak. When I'm interested in someone that is all I see; and that is where my energy goes. If that certain someone is interested, then we spend time together and something clicks. (I mean, who goes into a relationship hoping it doesn't work out?) If they aren't, I can boo-hoo about it for a few days and then move on. Since I've had no return phone call, I have a choice to make. Do I wait a bit more...see if maybe he just needs to work up his courage? Or do I do my 'mourning' now and move on? It's a tough call; I don't want to pine over someone forever. But it sure is tough to move on when there is nothing to move on to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd forget about it. Easy for me to say, I know, since I've not really done it... but in almost all instances where I cannot control the next step - I do my best to let it go the second I've done my part. Focus on every other part of life that is happening NOW. If the next step does happen - it's all the more exciting because it's almost unexpected. "Live in the now!" (says the girl who quotes Wayne's World at any remotely appropriate occasion)