Sunday, January 16, 2011

The idea of reflection

So it seems that Sundays are turning into my day of reflection for the week's past. I'm cool with that. Perhaps I'll learn something new about myself in the process. Until then, here is what I learned this week. Bronchitis sucks. I mean, I already knew that, but I thought it beared repeating. Z-paks are the best medical invention ever. Why take a pill everyday for 10 days when you can be done in 5? And since I seem to have less sinus infections since my mouth surgery, I don't fear immunity as much as I used to. Mucinex is a double edged sword. It's intended job is to break up the mucus that lingers in the lungs. And for that it works wonders. However, it smells horrible and even worse, it makes my pee smell worse than it would had I consumed a barrel full of asparagus. *blech* The dishes will not go anywhere. In fact, they waited for me all week. I know, it's gross. But honestly I don't really care. When I'm too tired and feel like I've been hit by a Mac truck, it is not worth pushing myself to clean. All of my imaginary friends are british. I actually already knew that, but I've never mentioned it so I thought it fit in well here. And I love that they keep me company especially when I'm high with fever and hacking up 1/2 a lung. They truly do love me. Considering that at least 4 out of the last 7 days I was barely coherent, I was not creative in the least. So double negative whammy points for me. Nor was I in any condition to Zumba although thanks to no appetite I might have actually lost weight. Not the best way to do it, but I'm taking it. I also finished the first in the Sookie Stackhouse series from Charlaine Harris, "Dead until Dark". Not my favorite book ever, but with encouragement and good reviews from friends, I'll give the second book a shot. I've been told that it continues to get better so I'll hang in there. That's about all. Now, I wonder what next week holds...

No comments: