Thursday, November 25, 2010

I speak of my prodigy

As I sit here hacking my lungs right out of my chest, I look to my left and see my son reading.
He is fascinated with the world of Hogwart's School of Wizadry and Magic. He thinks Dumbledore is one of the most amazing wizards of all time. And he thinks Hagrid is super cool just because he's really tall.
Just now a group is performing on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. They start singing "Folsom Prison Blues" and he slowly looks up to watch intently because he LOVES this song. He continues to watch as they drift into a medley of Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis songs. Because who wouldn't love that?
My son has an amazing imagination, a budding passion for reading and story telling, and a love for music that will eventually rival my own.
He wants to wake up at 3am on Black Friday this year, just to get a DS game for $7.99 and then head off to Bob Evan's for breakfast.
I seriously don't think I've ever met a seven year old who has a brain like my son. Of course I am a bit biased I suppose. Either way I am very thankful for my son. He has enriched my life in ways I could have never imagined.
I like to assume that all parents feel this way because thinking anything else is just too sad.
I'm going to stop typing now and play with my son. Because he's bored and he just loves to show off the things he can do.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving...and remember to give thanks every day. Not just on Turkey Thursdays.
GET IN M'BELLY!!

No comments: