Friday, September 24, 2010

It's about time

I'm glad you're happy. Really, I am. I could see the change in you even before you spoke it aloud. I've always known you better than you know yourself. That's the curse that comes with being observant, and the Queen of 'attention-to-detail'. I suppose in a way I'm finally starting to move on too. Anger that I've been holding on to for so long, seems easier to let go of now. I don't want to be the bitter ex-wife or worse yet, the vengful ex-wife. I might not be quite ready to be your friend again, but I don't want to be your enemy. I'm sorry that I wasn't what made you the happiest. Well not so much sorry; I'm sad. You made me happy. I'm sorry our timing wasn't what it could have been. Perhaps one day I'll be able to let go of the sadness too.

1 comment:

april said...

awww Jen. It takes alot to get to this point. It takes letting go of the past to be able to go on with the future and it HURTS when you love someone soo much and then you see them happy with someone else. You wonder why them and not me. Why was I not worth making things work. BUT learning from my mistakes I now realized that in able to love again you gotta let go and understand its not what you didnt do or did wrong. Its just things are meant to be. It sucks!!I am extremly happy in my life right now but still saddens me that my ex is making someone else happy. I dont understand why it couldnt be me..This I will never understand and it stings when i see or hear of the happiness. Hope you feel that strength soon...looks like you are starting too.. take care and if you ever need to talk about it or hang out or whatever im here !!!